Friday 25 February 2011

...of Kangaroos and Kappas! Welcome to my blog :)

Kon nichi wa big wide world!! Welcome to what I hope to be an informative and fun blog about all things Australia, Japan and other! At present I am a candidate for the position of Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) with the Japanese-run JET program (check them out--> http://www.jetprogramme.org/). Ever since I can remember, I have had a fascination not just with Japan, but pan-asian culture, people and art. My regular job used to be a scientist but last year I decided to run away into the sphere of people and culture, indulging myself (finally) in learning Japanese formally at uni (after having self-studied for a year), and getting involved in language exchange between Aussies, Japanese, Korean and Chinese peoples in Brisbane.

About mid-year I will set my sights toward Japan! I have attended my interview for the ALT job and am now waiting until mid-April for the result. So instead of going crazy waiting for the all-important decision, I have decided to focus my energies towards (amongst other things) a new shiny blog. This is my first time so be nice ne! So that's my little intro; I look forward to making a blog packed with interesting topics and features. よろしくお願いします。

No comments:

Post a Comment